- The customer must ensure that the skip is sited on private property that has the permission of the landowner. Skips will not be placed on public property without a valid permit from the relevant council
- Skips will not be sited on grassed areas where the vehicle has to drive across or place legs onto a grassed area. Acorn vehicles will not place legs onto council land and footpaths other than the public highway.
- Acorn Transport & Plant Hire Ltd will take no responsibility for any damage to a customer’s premises or manholes if the ground or site is not suitable for a HGV vehicle, or capable of carrying the weight of a HGV vehicle.
- Placing skips on block paving, slabbed driveways, soft and uneven ground is NOT advisable and is done so at the customer’s risk. A written disclaimer will be required, should you (the customer) require our skips to be dropped on surfaces that are likely to become damaged.
- Acorn Transport & Plant Hire vehicles will not access any sites over a raised kerb and our drivers will not deliver skips where we are required to lift over walls, fences, hedges or any other obstacle, no matter how high without a signed, dated written disclaimer, should you (the customer) require our skips to be lifted over any obstacle that is likely to become damaged.
- All Acorn skips are manufactured from steel components. Skip doors are large and heavy – extreme caution should be taken.
- Unless previously agreed Skip Hire is for 14-days only.
We reserve the right to apply a rental charge of £10 per week for every week of hire following the initial 2-week hire period.
- The customer is responsible for the safekeeping of the skip and its contents.
- The following hazardous items are not permitted in a general skip. If you are unsure what you can put in the skip please call our office on 01480 811377.
Asbestos in any form, oily waste/filters, fridges, freezers, pressurized gas bottles, TVs, computer monitors, fluorescent tubes/bulbs, tyres, liquids, plasterboard, gypsum, cans or COSHH waste.
- All skips must be level loaded only – Inert waste skips to be filled to the lowest lip of the skip.
- The Maximum Gross Weight of a 4-wheeled skip lorry is 18 tonnes and the Maximum Gross Weight of 8-wheeled RORO vehicles is 32 tonnes.
- Waiting time charges of £60 per hour will apply after 15 minutes from time of arrival. Wasted journey charges will also apply.
- Please ensure there is enough space for access purposes. A typical delivery vehicle will require a clearance of 2.9m wide.