- The customer must ensure that the skip is sited on private property that has the permission of the landowner. Skips will not be placed on public property without a valid permit from the relevant council
- Skips will not be sited on grassed areas where the vehicle has to drive across or place legs onto a grassed area. Acorn vehicles will not place legs onto council land and footpaths other than the public highway.
- Acorn Transport & Plant Hire Ltd will take no responsibility for any damage to a customer’s premises or manholes if the ground or site is not suitable for a HGV vehicle, or capable of carrying the weight of a HGV vehicle.
- Placing skips on block paving, slabbed driveways, soft and uneven ground is NOT advisable and is done so at the customer’s risk. A written disclaimer will be required, should you (the customer) require our skips to be dropped on surfaces that are likely to become damaged.
- Acorn Transport & Plant Hire vehicles will not access any sites over a raised kerb and our drivers will not deliver skips where we are required to lift over walls, fences, hedges or any other obstacle, no matter how high without a signed, dated written disclaimer, should you (the customer) require our skips to be lifted over any obstacle that is likely to become damaged.
- All Acorn skips are manufactured from steel components. Skip doors are large and heavy – extreme caution should be taken.
- Unless previously agreed Skip Hire is for 14-days only.
We reserve the right to apply a rental charge of £50 per week for every week of hire FOLLOWING the initial 2-week hire period.
- The customer is responsible for the safekeeping of the skip and its contents.
- The following hazardous items are not permitted in ANY SKIP. If you are unsure what you can put in the skip please call our office on 01480 811377.
Asbestos in any form, oily waste/filters, fridges, freezers, pressurized gas bottles, TVs, computer monitors, fluorescent tubes/bulbs, tyres, liquids, plasterboard, gypsum, cans or COSHH waste.
- All skips must be level loaded only – Inert waste skips to be filled to the lowest lip of the skip.
- The Maximum Gross Weight of a 4-wheeled skip lorry is 18 tonnes and the Maximum Gross Weight of 8-wheeled RORO vehicles is 32 tonnes.
- Waiting time charges of £60 per hour will apply after 15 minutes from time of arrival. Wasted journey charges will also apply.
- Please ensure there is enough space for access purposes. A typical delivery vehicle will require a clearance of 2.9m wide.